Burlankov Stepan Petrovich, Doctor of economic sciences, professor, sub-department of restaurant business, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (36 Stremyanniy lane, Moscow, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volodin Viktor Mikhaylovich, Doctor of economic sciences, professor, dean of the Faculty of Economics and Management, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Ivanova Natal'ya Vasil'evna, Postgraduate student, Ogarev Mordovia State University (68 Bolshevistskaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plekhanova Elena Aleksandrovna, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, head of sub-department of economics, Saransk Cooperative Institute (branch) of Russian University of Cooperation (17 Transportnaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Khayrov Roman Raisovich, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of economics, Saransk Cooperative Institute (branch) of Russian University of Cooperation (17 Transportnaya street, Saransk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The development of the market potential of agricultural enterprises is the most important strategic task. The strengthening of the country’s food security depends to a large extent on the functioning of agricultural enterprises and the level of their market potential. At the present stage of development, managers and managers of different levels within the agricultural enterprise should take into account both the changing market situation and assess their own resources and opportunities, have objective information about the potential of the enterprise, because the successful development of business is the result of rational management, which is based on the use of necessary information. The purpose of the work is to Reveal the economic essence and regularity of the functioning of the elements of the market potential of the agricultural enterprise
Materials and methods. Implementation of research tasks was achieved on the basis of the analysis of these publications in periodicals on this issue, legislative and regulatory acts of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Mordovia on the development of agriculture. Methodological potential includes General scientific (system-evolutionary and institutional) and specific research methods (monographic, etc.).
Results. The economic (theoretical) essence of the market potential of the agricultural enterprise, which is considered on the basis of the markets of agricultural products, raw materials and market at the micro, meso and macro levels, shows the scheme of interaction of elements of the market potential of the agricultural enterprise.
Conclusions. Considering the levels of market potential of an agricultural enterprise, it can be concluded that at the micro level, this is part of the production and resource potential that goes to domestic consumption, at the meso level, this is part of the production and resource potential that goes to processing, and only then to the implementation of the processing enterprise, at the macro level – this is the part of the production and resource potential that goes directly to the infrastructure of market potential and, accordingly, to consumers bypassing processing. Based on the interaction of elements of the market potential of the agricultural enterprise shown in the diagram (Fig. (1) two essential components can be clearly considered: when the market potential of agricultural enterprises is an element of agricultural production, where production is the basis, and when it is linked, as a commodity, to the market component.
1. Anisimova E. N. Rynochnyy potentsial sel'skokhozyaystvennykh predpriyatiy regiona i puti povysheniya effektivnosti ego ispol'zovaniya: avtoref. dis. kand. ekon. nauk [Market potential of regional agricultural enterprises and its efficiency improvement methods: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of economic sciences]. Orenburg, 2008, 19 p.
2. Merzlikina G. S., Shakhovskaya L. S. Otsenka ekonomicheskoy sostoyatel'nosti predpriyatiya: monografiya [Company’s economic competency evaluation: monograph]. Volgograd: VolGTU, 1998, 265 p.
3. Ekonomika sel'skogo khozyaystva: ucheb. posobie [Agricultural economics: teaching aid]. Ed. by N. A. Popov. Moscow: Magistr: NITs INFRA-M, 2013, 400 p.
4. Arzyamov A. S., Akhmadeev P. F., Belolipetskiy V. G., Berlin A. D., Ivashchenko N. P. Ekonomika firmy [Company’s economy]. Moscow: INFRA-M, 2007, 526 p.
5. Rogovoy A. I. Proektirovanie i otsenka razvitiya rynochnogo potentsiala predpriyatiya: monografiya [Modeling and evaluation of company’s market potential: monograph]. Samara: Izd-vo Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN, 2002, 186 p.
6. Voronoy A. A. Metody otsenki rynochnogo potentsiala predpriyatiya sredstvami marketingovoy informatsionno-analiticheskoy sistemy: avtoref. dis. kand. ekon. nauk [Methods of company’s market potential evaluation by means of an information analytical system: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of economic sciences]. Saint-Petersburg, 2004, 18 p.
7. Atkina N. A., Khanzhina V. L., Popov E. V. Menedzhment v Rossii i za rubezhom [Management in Russia and abroad]. 2011, no. 2, pp. 3–12.
8. Popov E. V. Rynochnyy potentsial predpriyatiya [Company’s market potential]. Moscow: Ekonomika, 2002, 559 p.
9. Zurin M. V. Vestnik Rossiyskogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta im. G. V. Plekhanova [Bulletin of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics]. 2013, no. 6, pp. 84–89.
10. Rybakov A. V. Ekonomicheskie nauki [Economc sciences]. 2011, no. 12 (85), pp. 323–327. 11. Bancheva A. Marketing. 2007, no. 3 (94), pp. 90–98.
12. Syroizhko V. V., Syroizhko A. A. Audit i finansovyy analiz [Audit and financial analysis]. 2011, no. 1, pp. 150–156.
13. Marushkov R. V. Otsenka ispol'zovaniya ekonomicheskogo potentsiala predpriyatiya (na primere predpriyatiy pechatnoy otrasli): avtoref. dis. kand. ekon. nauk [Evaluation of company’s economic potential implementation (by the example of publishing companies): author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of economic sciences]. Moscow, 2000, 18 p.
14. Bryachak I. V. Analiz i otsenka marketingovogo potentsiala predprinimatel'skikh struktur: dis. kand. ekon. nauk [Analysis and evaluation of marketing potential of business entities: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of economic sciences]. Saint-Petersburg, 1996, 128 p.